Ransomware has taken its toll on the healthcare industry. With new attacks seemingly every week, are you prepared to fight back, and protect your organization and your patient’s protected health information (PHI)?
As we mentioned previously in Why Ransomware Gangs Love the Healthcare Industry, ransomware is projected to grow 670%, and the healthcare industry has the highest cost per record stolen of any industry at $363 per stolen record. And with your patient’s lives in your hands, the stakes couldn’t be higher.
This infographic highlights the devastating effects ransomware and security breaches have had on the healthcare industry. (Click on the image for a full-sized version.) Are you protected?
Please share to spread the word!
Not into sharing infographics? Tweet these statistics instead:
- The cost of cyberattacks to U.S. health systems over 5 years is $305 billion. [tweet this]
- Cyber criminals to collect $1 billion in ransomware payments in 2016. [tweet this]
- The cost per stolen healthcare record is $363. [tweet this]
- Healthcare is 4 times more likely to be impacted by advanced malware than the avg industry. [tweet this]
- Healthcare is 4.5 times more likely to be impacted by ransomware than the avg industry. [tweet this]
- There are 340% more security incidents and attacks in healthcare than the average industry. [tweet this]
- Ransomware attacks are projected to grow 670%! [tweet this]
- Healthcare records are 10 times more valuable than credit card details on the black market. [tweet this]
Looking for more? Check out this article for more interesting statistics and information on ransomware in the healthcare industry.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):