- Light Point Security, LLC
- Based in Baltimore, MD
- May 2012
- 5523 Research Park Dr.
- Suite 130
- Baltimore MD, 21228
- (443) 459-1590
Light Point Security protects enterprises from web-based malware by preventing any web content from ever reaching an employee’s computer. Our award-winning product isolates an employee’s web browsing session within a one-time-use remote virtual environment to stop malware from doing any damage.
Light Point Security is a cybersecurity company based in Baltimore, Maryland. It was founded in May 2012 by Zuly Gonzalez and Beau Adkins after being frustrated by the lack of viable options in web security software. After years of research and development in the web security field, we have developed the world’s safest way to browse the web.
Zuly Gonzalez, Co-founder and CEO
Prior to founding Light Point Security, Zuly spent over a decade serving the nation as a cybersecurity leader at the National Security Agency (NSA) where she focused on protecting national security interests. In her technical role, she was responsible for securing national security information systems. Later as a Program Manager she managed multi-million dollar Technical Security Countermeasures (TSCM) programs, and headed the Counter-IED (Improvised Explosive Device) mission. During her time as the Counter-IED Program Manager, her efforts directly contributed to a significant decrease in the loss of life of combat men and women overseas. While at the NSA, Zuly briefed the Director of the NSA and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) on matters of national security.
Zuly is a frequent speaker at technical and cybersecurity forums including the RSA Conference and CyberMaryland Conference, and has written for, and been cited in national and international technology publications. Zuly was named one of Maryland’s 40 Under 40 by the Baltimore Business Journal and is a member of the Maryland Cybersecurity Council.
Zuly holds a BS in Computer Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico – Mayaguez, and an MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Johns Hopkins University.
Connect with Zuly Gonzalez
Beau Adkins, Co-founder and CTO
As the inventor of remote browser isolation, Beau knows all too well about the dangers of web browsing and the ineffectiveness of traditional detection-based security.
Prior to founding Light Point Security, Beau spent over 10 years in the US Intelligence Community as a team lead, security analyst and software developer. As a Global Network Exploitation Analyst for the National Security Agency (NSA), Beau worked on numerous offensive and defensive Top Secret projects and gained a keen understanding of the techniques and tools nation-state attackers use to access sensitive data and systems. He frequently provided the nation’s decision makers expert advice and tailored options for defending our nation’s networks and exploiting the networks of adversaries.
Leveraging his experience gained while defending the nation’s most critical assets against cyber threats, and deep understanding of how hackers and cybercriminals work, Beau architected the Light Point Web Full Isolation Platform.
Beau is frequently quoted in leading technology and cybersecurity publications, and has spoken at the CyberMaryland Conference.
Beau holds a BS in Computer Science from West Virginia University Institute of Technology, and an MS in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins University.
Connect with Beau Adkins
Awards and Recognition
- Selected for Northrop Grumman Cync Incubator Program – Northrop Grumman Corporation and bwtech@UMBC Cyber Incubator, October 2012
- “Top Ten Most Innovative Security Company” – RSA Conference, February 2013
- “Top Ten Finalist” in the InvestMaryland Challenge – State of Maryland, February 2013
- “Top Twenty Most Innovative Company in the Region” – Northern Virginia Tech Council, March 2013
- “BizSpark Startup of the Day” – Microsoft, March 2013
- Winner of three InvestMaryland Challenge Special Awards – State of Maryland, March 2013
- “LAUNCH Festival Demo Pit” Awardee – LAUNCH Festival, March 2013
- “Maryland Incubator Company of the Year” Finalist – April 2013
- “Top 16 Hottest Up-and-Coming Startup” – Mid-Atlantic Venture Association (MAVA) TechBUZZ Spring 2013, April 2013
- “Most Innovative Startup Company” – Northern Virginia Tech Council Destination Innovation, May 2013
- “Entrepreneur Spotlight” Finalist – Northern Virginia Tech Council, May 2013
- Presented at Springboard Enterprises’ Dolphin Tank – Day of Fosterly, May 2013
- “Cybersecurity Company of the Year” – Howard Tech Council, June 2013
- “Wall Street Journal Startup of the Year” – Wall Street Journal, June 2013
- “Top 10 Coolest Security Startup of 2013” – CRN, July 2013
- “Cybersecurity Startup to Watch” – Baltimore Business Journal, Aug 2013
- InvestMaryland Challenge Finalist – State of Maryland, May 2014
- “Emerging Tech Company of the Year” – Howard Tech Council, May 2014
- “Best Security Company” – Maryland Incubator Company of the Year, June 2014
Images and Logos